Buying a yacht
If you like active tourism and long trips with a high level of comfort, then you should think about buying a yacht. Buying yachts is a serious purchase comparable to a purchase of a house, apartment or a car. The main thing for you is to approach this issue responsibly, and we will help you.
Used or a new yacht?
To begin with, you need to decide: to buy an absolutely new vessel or already used. Many professional yachtsmen recommend buying second-hand water transport. This is due to the fact that most likely such a vessel passed a lot of technical diagnostics and all manufacturing defects were corrected. And of course the price. A used yacht will cost you less than a new one. Remember, the dazzling brilliance and size of the yacht does not indicate the quality of the yacht itself. If you are buying a yacht for the first time, you will definitely need the help of a person who knows this. Such a person is a yacht broker.
What should a yacht be like?
If you want to buy a yacht, not to show off to your friends, but for a sea or ocean trip, then you should choose a yacht 15 meters long. But now you can find a powerful yacht 12 meters long, and it will be cheaper than a 15-meter yacht. Although it’s a matter of taste. The main thing is that you fall in love with the yacht at first sight and it is safe and reliable. Fortunately, there are many yachts: sailing, motor, sailing-motor, catamarans, sports and classic.
If you decide to buy a yacht, focus on quality. The yacht can be almost new, but absolutely not ready for a sea storm. Or vice versa be in second-hand condition, but survived a lot of round-the-world exits in the sea or the ocean.
Everyone likes sports models yacht – sailing and motor. But this is a matter of professionalism. If an honest person advises you, he will immediately tell the amateur that this yacht is not for him. Firstly, you do not need it if you are not seriously engaged in yachting, and secondly the price will be an order of magnitude higher. But sports models are very maneuverable. And if you get into storm conditions, then the yacht safely brings you to the shore. But this model is suitable for professional yachtsmen.
Buying a boat
Exclusively all yachts are bought through dealers. You can find a dealer anywhere on the right topic. A little about pluses from buying a new yacht:
- You will be the first to step aboard the yacht.
- New yachts have a warranty that covers most of the failures and manufacturing defects.
- If possible, you can plan the structure of the cabins or a kitchen area yourself.
If you still decide to buy a used yacht, then you will find these tips useful:
- Find a used yacht you can on the Internet, in ads and sports magazines.
- Yes, to decide for yourself what kind of yacht you need is not easy. Therefore, we advise you not to hurry with the first model you like. Hire a person who will pick up a yacht considering your requirements and the slightest nuances.
- When inspecting the yacht you better meet with the owner personally.
- If you are buying a ship for the first time, use the services of specialists. Do not regret money and make a profitable purchase with professionals.
- Buying directly from the owner will cost you less than the from a dealer.
- A used yacht can be sold already with the slip.
- Check the yacht carefully, carry out the necessary diagnostics and be sure to require all certificates and documents from the former owner.