Health on a yacht: seasickness
Sea rest on the yacht is extremely pleasant: the impressions received are valuable. Unfortunately, these impressions can be significantly spoiled by motion sickness on board or, so-called, seasickness. Marine disease in fact, is a disorder of the vestibular apparatus, which is fraught with extremely unpleasant sensations.
According to statistics, five percent of people suffers from motion sickness under any circumstances conducive to this. On the waves, in the conditions of constant pitching, the number of such people increases. Especially if the cruise is long and at sea people have an overwhelming amount of time, including spending the night.
Another plus of yachting in Croatia, of course, firstly, is that the storms here are extremely rare and relevant in the off-season, and secondly, a severely rugged coastline allows you to travel on a yacht along the coast and in case of strong wind, hidden from waves. But if the seasickness is still relevant, then we have advice for this case.
How to cope with seasickness
- Tune in to the positive mood before the cruise. If you constantly think about the fact that “it’s just about to get me rocked”, then you can be sure – you will get seasickness;
- In case the seasickness begins to manifest itself: take yourself in some kind of business that requires concentration – it is important not to concentrate on motion sickness, but it is not good to read, reading aggravates the unpleasant sensations and symptoms of seasickness as a whole;
- Do not hide in the cabin or salon. Even just sitting on the deck is better if you have symptoms of seasickness;
- Do not eat lots of fatty foods. Eat often, but little by little;
- Do not drink alcohol;
- To relieve the symptoms, you can take the medicine that suits you, in extreme cases, even a mint candy or chewing gum;
- If you know that you have a predilection for seasickness, then it is better to take necessary medicines for an hour or two before going to sea.
Every problem can be solved and with seasickness it is possible to deal without special problems. It is important to take with you all the necessary medications. In case with of an impending storm, not only from seasickness, it is necessary to hide from the waves – the advantege of the Croatian water area and the actions of an experienced skipper, allow it to be done quickly and without any problems. Do not let sea sickness spoil your holiday!
Yacht vacation with Miomare Yachting
With Miomare Yachting you can charter any yacht of the required type and class you need, and spend an unforgettable vacation in Croatia, which differs from the standard hotel all-inclusive. Yachts of excellent quality, the opportunity to travel with an experienced team, endless enjoyment of the sea and all the delights of Croatia at once: it is impossible to refuse such a holiday.