Standards of conduct on the yacht
Yacht gives an opportunity to explore the whole world, to fill life with bright moments and leave a positive imprint in memory from travel. Carrying out the desires of the sea, do not forget about the threat that may arise due to inattention, inexperience, weather conditions and neglect of safety rules on board. Adhering to standard norms, you can avoid unforeseen circumstances and have a wonderful holiday.
Compliance with the standards of conduct
Everyone who goes on board must obey the commands and fulfill the requirements of the captain. Very often the owner is confused with the captain of the yacht. The shipowner is the legal master, and the captain, or skipper, is the man who heads the ship and is responsible for it.
Conventional rules of conduct on a yacht:
- The word captain is the law for everyone, the requirements must be quickly fulfilled. All claims to the captain, can only be stated on the shore.
- The skipper has the right to land ashore, the one who ignores and neglects safety rules.
- When sailing, it is prohibited to drink alcoholic beverages or narcotic drugs on board.
- All technical devices (compass, binoculars, navigation charts) should be in place.
- During a long voyage, you need to save fresh water supplies.
- Cleaning of the deck is carried out, only with closed hatches.
- In the kitchen area during the course, you should follow your own precautions. According to statistics, passengers are more injured, when they are in the kitchen.
- Each passenger must have special sailing shoes for walking ona a boat. Typically, this shoes with a soft sole that will not slide over the deck. Such shoes can be found in special yachting shops.
The rules are the law
Yachting has a lot of its rules on the water. The main rule is: help those in distress. Today, help the stranger, tomorrow they will help you. Ignoring requests and refusing to help, can punished by criminal liability. Especially this concerns the captain of the yacht.
Compliance with the rules: guarantee for comfortable vacation
Simple observance of safety rules on a yacht trip, contributes to a wonderful rest. Ignorance of the rules does not absolve from responsibility.