What you need to know about a yacht charter
You are looking for where you could charter a yacht and can not understand what exactly determines the price for renting one? What functions influence the determination of the final cost and what can be refused? Now we will consider this issue in as much detail as possible so that you have an opportunity to understand all the subtleties. The cost of rent is calculated in two ways:
- A common variety that consists of several components of value;
- All-inclusive payment.
The second option is most popular in the Caribbean and several other countries, but the number of yachts that operate on a similar principle makes no more than 20 percent of the total number of charter yachts on the planet.
The general calculation consists of the basic cost and various additiona options. Some options may be mandatory.
Basic price of a yacht
A basic charter price consists of the following components:
- The price of the yacht for charter itself on seven days. This is a standard that can only be changed within the framework of personal arrangements with the company, which gives you the charter.
- Availability of bed linen with towels. Usually this is one set per person. Some companies offer linen in the amount of two sets, others ask for additional money for it.
- Insurance of the vessel, lives and health of people on board. This point needs to be clarified directly from the company that provides you with a boat for rent.
- Various equipment, with which you can ensure the safety of passengers. If there are children on board, then you must inform in advance their sizes for the preliminary preparation of suitable vests.
- Maps with guidebooks
- Other equipment, which depends on the particular yacht. These can be sails, navigation systems, all kinds of equipment, a charger, generators, electrical appliances and much more.
- Rubber boat. In most cases, with the exception of Croatia and Montenegro, the boat is provided free of charge. With the help of such a boat, you can land on the beach or have fun on the water.
Other compulsory expenses
Cleaning after the trip. Usually it is included in the cost of renting a yacht. Otherwise, it must be paid before the start of the cruise. In the case of Croatia and Montenegro, payment for Transit log may be charged. This is an additional cost for registration at the beginning and after the end of the cruise. Fuel. The yacht is available for hire with full tanks. It should also be returned with full tanks. You can fill the yacht in port.
It is mandatory to make a security deposit. Its size depends on the yacht and the country in which you rent the yacht.
Among the optional services is worth noting the services of the skipper, hostess and sailors, as well as the cook. If you have the rights to sail a yacht, then you do not need a skipper. You can additionally order various equipment for entertainment. If you can not spend a day without your pet, then you have to pay for it additionally.